How To Host Someone On Twitch PC (Latest 2017)
How To Host Someone On Twitch | Hosting is really a popular way for Twitch streamers to broadcast another channel’s live stream to their own personal audience. It is often done as a way to help promote other Twitch users but it also doubles as a good strategy in order to keep a channel active while the owner is just not broadcasting their unique content.
How To Host Someone On Twitch
The best way to Start Hosting Another Streamer
Via Chat : To start with hosting another channel, simply enter /host into your channel’s chat with the objective channel’s username.
For instance, to host the official PAX Twitch channel, you’d enter /host pax. The hosted channel may be changed around 3 times every half hour. To transform off hosting, type /unhost.
Twitch App : Hosting can even be activated from the inside of the iOS and Android Twitch apps by exploring the device icon within the selected channel and seeking the Host option from the drop-down menu.
Auto Host : The most widespread method to host a channel is always to auto host it. This is done by added a variety of channels to a special list which your channel will automatically select from when you go offline. This auto host feature can decide channels on the market randomly or via their order (which may be customized).
Establishing auto hosting is as fundamental as going within the Twitch Channel Settings, turning it on, and then adding as numerous or as few twitch channels on your host list because you want. Special care should be utilized remember to beneficial changes when you update the setting or maybe the channels within the list.
Why You Should Host Another Channel
- Hosting another user’s stream is utterly optional and isn’t required whatsoever to get an energetic part of the Twitch community. There are numerous main reasons why hosting may be a good suggestion though.
- It’s the best way to show your audience what types of streamers you love it watching.
- Hosting can give a certain level of free promotion to your channel however all depends within the target channel’s layout (does it display the names on the hosts onscreen?) and should the streamer is the type of person to verbally mention those who find themselves hosting. Often hosts get little credit, if any whatsoever for sending another channel viewers. Hosts names will forever come in a special message together with the target channel’s chat.
- Hosting another channel could be a fun way to end your stream. Many Twitch streamers manually begin hosting some other person every time they end their broadcast and infrequently encourage everyone who’s been watching them to jump towards hosted channel’s chat and say hello and follow them. That is often called “raiding” and is a kind of practice on Twitch.
- Being a host for one more channel will also keep your prominently displayed within the Live Hosts sounding the Twitch website and apps. This might lead to new users discovering your and potentially following you.
Why You SHOULDN’T Host Another Channel
- Despite the main advantages of hosting, additionally, there are a variety of reasons many not host other users.
- When hosting another Twitch channel, any away message you may have suitable for your channel will likely be hidden and replaced with flick on the broadcast being hosted. Which means that any message you will have written to your family audience will have to be posted some place else on your own profile, within a less-prominent position.
- Hosted channels are not chosen by game or subject. Merely the user. This can be a hassle when among the channels you’ve selected to host chooses to experience a game title that could be an awful match to your audience. This could be a game aimed at older audiences if your followers are widely-used to family-friendly titles or maybe even choosing a game title originating from a radically different genre. You’re essentially entrusting the content of the channel completely to another user when hosting plus there is not a chance to overpower what they have to play.
- While some streamers may appreciate you hosting their channel, a much better technique for building your audience is to implement Twitch’s VOD (Video On-Demand) feature instead. VOD works in exactly the same hosting does but plays a recording of one of your previous streams instead. This can keep the channel active 24/7 with content created purely by you.
The best way to Get Other Twitch Streamers to Host You
Since being hosted on Twitch is the best way to gain in exposure, it’s worth encouraging other streamers to host your self their channels. Here’s the ideal way to do this.
- Add a host list on your Twitch layout. The actual addition of a dynamic directory of those who find themselves hosting one to your stream, viewers will likely be asked to host your broadcast as a way to promote their unique account. This is setup in a short time via free services such as StreamLabs.
- Ask your friends. While asking complete strangers to host you may be considered spam, most friends can be more than willing to host your channel when it isn’t streaming.
- Ask your viewers. Along with reminding viewers that you follow and subscribe on your broadcast, be certain of asking those to host you as well. Many Twitch users have become keen about the streamers to follow and would love to support their favorites in as plenty of different ways as possible. They should just be reminded ways to do so.